- 19-Jul-2013 to 16-Aug-2013 (MST)
- MT, USA
- Full Time
We offer advancement opportunities, above market wages, generous benefit package that includes employer paid med/dental/vision coverage, STD/LTD, life, 401(k) with general match, profit sharing, continuing education, paid time off, health club reimbursement and flexible benefits.
Through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by the objectives of the Company the COBRA Specialist will provide COBRA Administrative Services to a designated block of COBRA client accounts in a manner that ensures a high level of quality service and accuracy is achieved. The COBRA Specialist produces and sends COBRA notices to all qualifying individuals as required and guided by law. The incumbent maintains status information electronically and manually for premium collection, company referral, and claims processing. The COBRA Specialist assists all participants and client contacts with COBRA Administrative procedures as per the Administrative Service Agreement and in compliance with Federal COBRA rules. The COBRA Specialist will successfully complete the COBRA certification course with an 85% or better accuracy within first 6 months of hire.
The incumbent is expected to communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, customers, and the public, and to be respectful and courteous in the conduct of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
COBRA Specialist provides COBRA Administrative Service for a designated block of COBRA Accounts as follows:
1. COBRA Specialist is the primary contact for employer benefit managers. Answers customer service telephone calls and emails from clients and COBRA participants within 24 hours.
2. Prints and sends COBRA notices to all qualifying individuals as required by Administrative Service Agreement and in compliance with Federal COBRA rules.
3. Generates and sends acknowledgement letters and coupons to all new COBRA enrollees; updates these records for eligibility changes and terminations.
4. Enrolls new COBRA participants in the claims processing and COBRA stand-alone systems and updates all applicable carriers for eligibility status changes.
5. Sends all applicable letters regarding premium payment and non-payment to participants.
6. Maintains Health COBRA participant status information in permanent Health enrollment logs, if applicable.
7. Requests additional information regarding COBRA eligibility from participants and clients as needed.
8. Process all COBRA participant terminations and provide termination notice to participants, carriers and employers.
9. Process all annual renewal benefit changes and/or updates in COBRA system and prepare and communicate applicable rate change letters and payment coupons to participants in a timely manner. Upon date the renewal process is complete COBRA Specialist will report completion to the Client Accounts Coordinator for tracking purposes.
10. Maintain and update any changes to employer account information in MCTracking.
11. Upon notification of a new account assignment from Client Accounts Coordinator, COBRA Specialist will participant in implementation conference call with client and setup active COBRA participants in COBRA system(s) and send welcome letter and payment coupons to participants.
12. Assist clients with online access and reporting functions and/or provide reports to clients manually upon request.
13. Report all client concerns, problems and requests for Administrative Service changes to Department Manager immediately.
14. Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with employee training and cross-training as needed.
2. Performs related or other assigned duties as required or directed.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting 90% Reaching Some
Standing 5% Manual Dexterity Medium
Walking 5% Telephone Yes
Kneeling Some Computer Screen High (visual acuity corrected to 20/30)
Bending Some Lifting up to 40 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: High school graduation or GED required.
Certification(s) Required: Pre employment - None. Must complete COBRA Certification of Administrative Skills within first 6 months of employment.
Minimum Experience: Experience with computers and customer service required.
Other Qualifications: ▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
▪ PC skills, including Windows, Word and Excel. Must be able to adapt to software changes as they occur.
▪ Ability to learn all functions of the claims and COBRA processing software as is necessary for COBRA processing and adapt to software changes as they occur.
▪ Knowledge of the laws governing the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985.
▪ Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
▪ Ability to enter data with accuracy and precision.
▪ High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
▪ Ability to organize and recall large amounts of information including interactions with employees, agents, plan participants and clients.
▪ Basic accounting and mathematical skills.
▪ Ability to project a professional image and positive attitude in any work environment.
▪ Ability to comply with privacy and confidentiality standards.
▪ Ability to analyze and solve problems with professionalism and patience, and to exercise good judgment when making decisions.
▪ Ability to operate typical office equipment.
▪ Working knowledge of general office procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel as classified.